Monday, July 13, 2009

I spent the last weekend at home for the first time in three weeks. In this time, I had a long conversation with Katie and today I had a long conversation with Derek. We all came to the conclusion that setting a date for my next show is not wise. Basically, my life is too busy for it. Thus, I might still do the USA's in 2010, but I will do them for SURE in 2011. There are many reasons for this and they all fall on a few factors:

-- Being the best Daddy I can be.
-- Being the best Husband I can be.
-- Being the best CEO I can be.
-- Being a BETTER person and renewing my faith in God.
-- Being a giving, caring and compassionate friend.
-- Loving life and living every moment to the fullest.

I have competed every year for the last two years. I have made great progress. But I need to be onstage at 195 in the condition I achieved this year to win the USA?s. I do not want top five or top ten. I want to win. But that is a very small factor in this decision. My wife and kids need me. Nothing is worse than being home for only one day every two weeks and having to waste an hour on cardio when I could be playing with dolls with Kami or taking a walk with Thomas.

The plan stays the same. I will continue to train and GROW and focus on the USA's. But I was being selfish, and I am done being selfish. I compete for Scivation, but at the level we are at now, my time will garner more ROI by getting out and making it happen, old school style where you beat the streets and don't wait for deals to come to you, you make the deals happen!

The prep is still ongoing. And if my wife and Derek decide in January that I am big enough and physically and emotionally ready for another 16 week contest prep, then I will do it. This is in their hands. I love and respect both of them.

I love my lifestyle and that will never change. You will still see the SAME daily and hourly updates with pictures of food, my quad veins, and all of that good stuff along with sick, high volume workouts. What you will not see is me in posing trunks. At least not for a while!

Thanks for all of your support. I am ready to focus on my next competition, a competition with myself to be the best person I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment