Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tone This!

The Blogging Machine—Scivation Owner Marc “The Machine” Lobliner Addresses what he feels is important in life and in the pursuit of anabolism.

Tone This!
By: Marc Lobliner, Scivation President


If you listen to the dialogue with Dorian and me in our YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvGZCeKfqSk you will hear him address toning a muscle. In essence, the 6x Mr. Olympia goes on to say that you cannot tone a muscle. You can build it, it can shrink, but you can NOT tone a muscle. I am not one to argue with Dorian about building lean mass.

What the heck is toning anyway? I mean, you can build muscle, you can have muscle loss when you have lack of training or nutrients (food), but if you perform endless reps of twisting bicep curls at a 70 degree angle while making funny faces and listening to “Vogue” by Madonna, will you build the peak on your biceps? Ummm, maybe, but probably not.

I cringe when I see out of shape, obese people in the gym spending their time doing endless hours of cardio, endless reps of crunches, Situps and weird looking side-bends holding a dumbbell in both hands at the same time, thus counterbalancing the movement, thus achieving nothing....woops, I am digressing again. The point I am making is that you will never see a guy with ripped abs and flabby arms. Muscle burns fat. The more muscle you have, the less fat you will have and the more “toned” you will appear. The more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn and the more Chocolate Cake you can get away with eating.

If you want to tone your muscle, build lean mass, lose fat, and use common sense. How do you build lean mass and lose fat? Lift heavy ass, rusted barbells and follow a proper diet plan. You can even get a diet plan and training program made just for you for free online at www.teamscivation.com. And women, trust me, you will NOT turn into a man by lifting heavy! Check out my wife, Katie. She lifts heavy and hard, eats like a champ, and yet still does not have a man’s anatomy.

Katie Deadlifts 225 for 5!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTlIgqnhXeo

Katie rockin it with ME!




Yes, I am the luckiest man alive.

And an update for those who care, here is a shot of me at 235lbs, on my way to my IFBB Pro Card if I ever compete again. Business and family are too important right now for me to go headfirst into a prep and frankly, I have some more work to do!





Don’t Sleep,
Marc Lobliner

6 comments:

  1. cant wait to see you compete again! and i love how you keep all your fans so updated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most amazing and truth filled article I have read in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to love the science behind, well, everything. Marc's blog posts contain about 0% real science hah but I love reading to the point, straight, no bs facts. Keep up the posting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marc !! Good post...

    I also feel awkward when some out of shape people told me they workout like mad but couldnt loose weight...

    when i ask them about their diet, i know why they still remain out of shape....

    I tried to tell them but they just told me "sorry, it just too hard to adapt"...

    God bless those people... =)

    ReplyDelete